Make an enquiry and we will search our vast collection of cars to find the one for you.Make an enquiry
We are Recruiting an Assistant Accountant
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Report to: Finance Director
Due to continuing growth, Traction Finance is currently looking for an Assistant Accountant to join its team in Belfast.
Traction Finance has been helping individuals and businesses with vehicle finance and management since 2003. What started as a small–scale company in Belfast has now grown to support customers across the UK and Ireland. With the recent acquisition of a commercial vehicle rental business, Traction can now uniquely provide vehicle sourcing, funding and maintenance for vehicles of any size, from cars to trucks. Traction is also the only contract hire company that can directly fund and manage vehicles across the island of Ireland, giving companies with interests in the North and South a simplified solution for fleet management.
Whilst being a family–owned business with strong family values, the team at Traction has been strategically formed to offer industry–leading knowledge and experience in line with the company’s ambitions for further growth. As well as having an impressive portfolio of vehicles extending to around 2,750 in its fleet, Traction is a driven company that exists to keep its customers on the road, whatever it takes.
Click here to find out what the existing team loves about working at Traction, and why they think you should join the Traction family.
If you want to work for a modern, forward–thinking but close–knit, friendly team, and you can bring the enthusiasm and drive to succeed in this role, we want to hear from you.
Purpose of Role
To support the Finance Director with their day–to–day functions by carrying out accounting duties.
- Posting daily Bank receipts & payments
- Generate DD list for bank & distribute remittances to Customers
- Input of Used vehicle invoices, transfer of V5s and terminations
- Checking and posting funder reports
- Generation of End of Term invoices
- Manage the use of Company Credit card
- Maintain key customer ledgers
- Ensure daily invoicing processes has been completed
- Complete Month end process (to include rental journals and invoices)
- Assist with Generation of Monthly Board Pack
- Other Duties in–keeping with the role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mathematical skills and in–depth knowledge of accounting principles
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with accounting software (preferably Fleetware)
- 2 years’ experience in an Entry level accounting role
Education & Training Requirements
- A strong academic background in Maths is essential
- At least one A–level (or equivalent) in Maths, statistics or Business Studies is essential
- IATI or similar qualification in Accounting would be preferred
- Full clean UK Driving Licence for vehicles under 3.5T
Salary & Benefits
As well as benefiting from a sought–after working environment, the successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary of around £26,000 PA, as well as an employer contribution pension and health plan.
To apply, please download and complete the application form and monitoring form and return them both to email@example.com.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th March 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications will only be considered on receipt of a completed application form.
Traction Finance (NI) Limited is an equal opportunity employer.